Junior Spanish content writer and editor (bilingual in English)
VeraContent is a multilingual copywriting agency for brands and publishers with an international team of writers, linguists and marketing professionals in Madrid, Spain. Our specialty is helping Spanish companies reach international audiences with world-class English content. We also create and adapt content into several other European languages including Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German and Dutch. Some of our most well known clients are IE Business School and EDP, and we also partner with marketing and communication agencies to create content for major brands such as Repsol and BBVA.
We are seeking an entry-level Spanish writer and editor with leadership potential who’d like to grow with our company. The role is a combination of writing and editing in Spanish, as well as coordinating assignments with freelancers (often times working in other languages) and submitting finished work to clients.
What we’re looking for:
- Native-level Spanish speaker with a very high level of English
- Great people skills and ability to deal professionally with clients in Spanish and English (both verbally and in writing)
- Demonstated Spanish writing and editing experience, with great style and precise attention to detail. Preferably experience in writing for publication (news writing, blogging, corporate copywriting). Ideally at least a year’s worth of writing or creative translation experience, but it can be academic, part-time or through internships.
- A passion for languages – Fluency in another major European language we commonly work in (namely Portuguese, French, or German) is a big plus!
- Excellent judgment and sharing of our values for quality work and client service
- Enthusiasm and the ability to take initiative
- Interest in technology and ability to quickly learn new software tools
- A motivated self-starter who is always finding ways to do things better, and is enthusiastic about helping us grow into the leading multilingual content agency in Spain!
- Writing original Spanish content in a variety of formats (blog posts, corporate web content, brochure content, etc)
- Editing others work in Spanish, making it shine, and giving writers feedback so they continuously improve
- Providing excellent service to our corporate and agency clients
- Meeting tight deadlines while upholding our high quality standards
- Documenting the status and details about each project you’re responsible for
- The opportunity to join a high-potential business at an early stage, and make decisions that have a direct impact
- The possibility to work on diverse, interesting projects
- Entry level salary
- Many possibilities for personal growth and professional advancement
- Extremely flexible working conditions
- An international work environment where you’ll get lots of English practice!
- Ideally we’d like a full-time person, but as we’re a young and evolving company all of the conditions are very negotiable for the right candidate. We’re open to hearing from you and how you can help meet our needs!
- Generally, we need someone who can be online and available during business hours (9 to 6, Monday to Friday), and who can attend client briefings and meetings in Madrid. However, there would be a lot of flexibility on how you organize your schedule, and whether you work from our office or remotely
- Please fill out our job form letting us know why you’re a fit for this role. Include your CV and LinkedIn profile, along with 3-5 writing samples (preferably published articles, blog posts, web copy, or marketing / advertising materials)
- Deadline for applications: January 4th 2018